Purpose: All types of music ministers are needed. Cantors lead the assembly in sung prayer at each Mass. Organists/Pianists accompany the cantor, choir and assembly’s song. Instrumentalists enhance our special liturgies. Choir members serve our God and our congregational community by leading the congregation in sung worship at the various Masses of Holy Family Parish.
Choirs enhance the liturgy at five Sunday Masses:
- Holy Rosary Church 9:00 A.M. Mass
- Sacred Heart Church 11:00 A.M. Mass
- St. Patrick Church 8:30 A.M. and 1:00 P.M. Masses (Spanish choir)
- St. Patrick Church 10:00 A.M.
Requirements: While it is not necessary to be able to read music to be a successful choir member, the cooperative spirit and willingness to learn is important. Musicians are required to possess musical ability and a willingness to adapt to provide liturgy-appropriate music. A sense of commitment is also a very important qualification.
Meetings / Training: Each choir has practice sessions and may have additional warm-ups before Mass
- Holy Rosary Church Choir practice is held on Wednesdays @ 5:30 p.m. at the church.
ALL ARE WELCOME!
John M. Cooks
- Sacred Heart Church Choir practice is held on Sundays after the 11:00 am Mass, usually from Noon to 1:00 p.m. in the Church Sanctuary. We have a few new members, but we know there’s even more talent out there! If you are interested in singing, please join us.
Amy Brennan (409) 256-5669
- St. Patrick Church English choir practice is at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesdays with a brief warmup at 9:45 a.m. on Sundays
- St. Patrick Church Spanish choir practice is at 6:45 p.m. on Thursdays in Room 2.
All interested singers are invited to join us for practice and singing.
For information contact: Jonathan Wright, Director of Liturgy & Music, (409) 762-9646
General Music Liturgy Contact: Jonathan Wright (409) 762-9646